How to Move More Truck Freight – Majestic Transport
Case Study Featuring Norman Ritchie of Majestic Transport: How to Move More Truck Freight
Learn how Norman Ritchie of Majestic Transport used the load board platform and features from 123Loadboard to maximize profits and offer better pricing, enabling him to move and find truck freight.
Norman Ritchie, from Majestic Transport, has been a transportation broker for over 25 years and has handled a wide variety of load types. Margins have shrunk, and it is increasingly difficult to find qualified carriers at a competitive rate, particularly for certain types of loads. In order to move the quantity of freight that he has been moving and continue to grow his business, Norman requires an efficient way of searching for potential carriers. He also needs load board services that are affordable for all parties, which will help maximize his margins and make him more competitive when engaging in a bidding war.
Norman doesn’t want to compromise on quality or ease of use when it comes to affordable load board services. He needs best-in-class technologies paired with access to an expanded carrier network. Staying competitive and moving large volumes of freight is tough, and Norman needs the best tools and load board services to keep his business running.
123Loadboard provides a variety of state-of-the-art tools and features on its platform to facilitate finding and onboarding new carriers. Brokers utilize these tools to address their specific needs. In addition to industry-leading load board posting functionality, The following tools are offered:
- Rate Check: By verifying industry average rates for various lanes, brokers can adjust their prices to make their loads more attractive to carriers. This enables brokers to evaluate their margins and adjust their listing accordingly.
- Mileage Calculator: Powered by the industry-leading PC*Miler, the 123Loadboard Mileage Calculator provides exact truck route miles opposed to car miles. It can calculate tolls and factor them into rate calculations as well, providing added transparency to brokers as they evaluate profitability.
- MyDocs and SearchDocs: Carriers and brokers can use this tool to upload applicable documents for easy access by counter parties to facilitate onboarding.
- Free Company Website: Get a free website with domain, hosting and design included. The website is search-engine accessible, meaning that results will show in Google, Bing and Yahoo searches.
- Automatic Loadboard Exporting: Freight platform provides automatic exporting via a portable load board to any external client website. Any loads that are posted on a company’s 123Loadboard site will automatically feed to its external website.
- Search Directory: With over 1.2 million listings, the 123Loadboard search directory provides the ability to search a vast network of shippers, brokers, and carriers. It also links to FMCSA/SAFER databases, which provide relevant authority, licensing and insurance information, even if documents were not uploaded through the MyDocs application.
- Hot Lead (Reverse Lookup): This tool enables brokers to see which carriers have clicked their loads. This allows brokers to find and contact carriers who are interested in their loads without wasting time on carriers who are occupied, uninterested or have the wrong equipment.
- 123Loadboard Free Mobile App: Available for Android and iOS devices, the 123Loadboard mobile app enables brokers to access 123Loadboard on the go. The app is used by thousands of carriers and owner-operators while they are on the road. The mobile app enables many more carriers to access 123Loadboard, which significantly increases the carrier network available to brokers.
Norman’s business model is predicated on maximizing margins and moving large volumes of freight by accessing a wide array of carriers. He also needs to be able to search for carriers efficiently, especially when it comes to moving difficult or special loads. Most of 123Loadboard’s tools are useful, and 123Loadboard’s low rates enable him to both maximize his margins and increase his carrier base.
For Norman, the save search function in the Search Directory and the Hot Leads Reverse Look-Up features are invaluable.
“Every tool to find a carrier helps,” says Norman Ritchie of Majestic Transport.
Norman calls 123Loadboard’s search functionalities more user-friendly than those of various competing load boards, and he likes that he can save searches for easy access later. The Reverse Lookup tool is useful when he’s moving diverse types of freight or moving freight along a less-traveled route. By providing contact information for those who have clicked his posted loads, he is able to focus on contacting carriers who have the right equipment. This saves him time and energy.
123Loadboard’s Mileage Calculator with Rate Check and toll integration is also valuable to Norman. In his words, “Getting qualified carriers to move at a reasonable rate is key.” By providing Norman with transparent, easy-to-access information, he is able to set competitive rates without worrying if he risks compromising his profit margins. 123Loadboard’s low costs also help in this regard. Norman estimates that his profit margins are 10 percent better than those on a leading competitor. This enables him to maximize profit margins, offer more competitive rates to carriers and even pass savings on to his customers.
123Loadboard’s affordability extends benefits beyond profit margins and financial savings though. Norman finds many carriers on the freight marketplace who may not have been active on a competitor’s load board site because some smaller carriers prefer to use 123Loadboard. They are attracted to its ease of use, features like the mobile app and lower overall costs. These factors bring new carriers into 123Loadboard’s network and give brokers like Norman access to trucks they wouldn’t normally have access to. According to Norman, 123Loadboard has significantly expanded his carrier network.
Ease of use, an expanded carrier network, and a 10 percent increase in margin versus a leading competitor. That’s what 123Loadboard’s platform and services have been able to provide to Majestic Transport. 123Loadboard’s tools and services have exceeded expectations, enabled him to move more freight and helped ensure the continued success of his business.