Screen Resolution - How to Change?
To improve your enjoyment of our website, we have set out the steps to increase the resolution of your PC screen. This will let you see more of the website's content without needing to scroll.
Follow these instructions to increase your Windows PC's display resolution.
- Click the mouse pointer on Start, Settings, and then Control Panel. (On Windows XP, Click on Start and then Control Panel)
- Double-click Display.
- Select the Settings tab.
- In an area labelled Screen area, Desktop area or Screen resolution you will see a slider. Your screen size is indicated below this slider (see picture below). Move the slider to the right using the mouse until this reads 1024 x 768. As this is the ideal resolution for our site.
- If there is a Test button, click this to test your new screen resolution. If the test is successful, click OK.
- Otherwise, click Apply.
Note: Windows will temporarily change your desktop.
If everything appears normal, click Yes when asked if you want to keep these settings. If another message appears asking if you want to restart your computer, click Yes.
Should your screen go blank or appear to go wild don’t panic. It will return to its original setting after 15 seconds. When it does, click the next lower selection from the Colors list and continue with the rest of the setup as above.
- Simply go to your desktop and right-click on some free space. A grey menu box will pop up.
- Left-click on Properties near the bottom of the menu. A large Display Properties box will pop up.
- Select the Settings tab in the Display Properties box.
- Use the little slide bar near the lower left of the Display Properties box to adjust desired screen resolution and then click Ok.
After you've done this, Windows will ask you to confirm that changing your resolution is indeed what you want to do. After you've clicked Okay again, your monitor will flick off for a few seconds and then pop back to life again with the new resolution. Windows will usually ask you to confirm the change one last time, and then it will leave you to it.
Apple Macintosh instructions
Follow these instructions to increase the resolution of your Apple Mac's display:
- Click the Apple Menu in the top left of the screen, and select Control Panels, and then Monitors.
- Under Resolution select a resolution of at least 800x600 - if your monitor screen size is 17 inches or larger then 1024 by 768 is the ideal resolution.
- Close the window by clicking once in the square at the top left corner of the window.